partiallyblind is the online home of Joshua Marshall, a London-based freelance digital accessibility specialist.
A founder member of the Government Digital Service, I helped create the award-winning GOV.UK and led the work of Her Majesty’s Government in transforming the UK’s digital public services to be the most accessible in the world.
Since 2015 I’ve worked for a number of clients and agencies as a freelance accessibility specialist, delivery manager and front-end developer.
I’ve spoken at conferences and events about accessibility, UX, GOV.UK, and inclusive design. I’ve also been published in NET Magazine and Creative Review.
What I do
- I create strategies for product teams who want to improve their accessibility efforts.
- I give workshops on inclusive design and development.
- I test existing products against W3C accessibility standards.
- I prototype products and carry out service design.
- I offer mentoring for both teams and individuals.
I am currently available for new projects from March 2019.
I offer my services at a discounted rate for non-profits and charities, particularly those working in mental health, but please get in touch if you think I can help.